Tuesday 4 February 2014

Birthday & London Haul♡

So this post is going to be a haul from when I recently went to London and my birthday (29th Jan.) 
I'm going to start with my birthday, not everything because that might be a bit boring, a heres a disclaimer to say that I'm not bragging in any way, I just thought I'd share! 
  • Down Town perfume by Calvin Klein - this was my present from one of my best friends Jasmine. It smells delicious and I've been wearing it every day. 
  • Gorgeous by Gok Wan: Bronzer, Brush and Body Wash - I actually got given two of these, from Amy and Abbie who are my other best friends. The body wash smells amazing and the scent is really long lasting. I haven't had a chance to use the bronzer yet but it looks really lovely, and the brush is very soft and large - perfect for face powder. 
  • Lush Body Sets - I was given two boxes from my Aunt, 'Buttercup' and 'Blooming Beautiful', which smell SO amazing. I used to not really like Lush but since I was given these and a few other lush products, I've noticed they've left my skin so soft and they smell amazing. In my bath last night I used the 'Honey Bee' bath bomb, which although left my water an interesting colour, it made my skin feel moisturised and the smell was lovely too. 
  • Office Chelsea Boots - So my mum got me these boots from Office, named 'Office Bramble Chelsea Black Leather' and I haven't stopped wearing them. They're really comfortable, fashionable and breatheable, so I'd definitely reccomend them. I wear a size 5.5 - 6 UK, and the size I got was a 6 and they fit perfectly. Team them up with a pair of black tight pants for when the weathers cold, a plain white tee and an oversized parka. In the summer, wear them with shorts or a skirt and a Topshop vest - the two for ten pound ones that come in all different colours. 
Thats all I can think of right now, but I'll add anything in if I remember!

Onto my London Haul. 

  • Blue Hair dye - so I've wanted to dye the underneath of my hair blue for a long time now, as strange as it sounds! And when I was at the hairdressers on Friday, I saw that they had Loreal Hair Chalk for sale for £15 a bottle, so I got some. I haven't used it yet but when the holidays come round then I'll definitely do it. It washes out after about 4 - 5 washes, and when I do it I'll take pictures and do a tutorial/review. 
  • Black Leather Skirt by River Island - this skirt is AMAZING!! I love it so much but sadly I haven't had an excuse to wear it - yet. Its high waisted, finishes above the knee with a zip down the back. The only problem is that it gets kinda sweaty in there, so maybe avoid wearing it in the summer. Plus, it costed only £25! I wear mine with one of those famous Topshop vests, in grey or flourescent yellow. 
  • Leopard Print T-Shirt Dress by River Island - This dress is another amazing purchase. You can wear it alone, or tucked into the leather skirt. Animal print's so in this year, and so is leather, so in this leather-sleeved number, you can follow both trends. Wear with gothic lips such as MAC's 'Cyber' or 'Diva'. If gothic isn't your style, try a nude such as MAC's 'Myth.' To dress this and the leather skirt up, pair with lace up black boots. The dress was also £25. 
  • Topshop Vests - I love these vests, they're probably my go-to tops in the summer. They're available in Petite and regular, and I usually get petite as I'm only 5'3. I already had green and white, and then when I was in London I got grey and flourescent yellow. They're very comfortable, and at £6 each or 2 for £10, they're very cheap too. 
  • Gilly Hicks Pants - I don't usually like stores such as Gilly Hicks, Jack Wills, Hollister etc, but I have to admit GH pants are to die for. I only got three pairs which were in the sale for £1.99 each, all lace, one in pastel yellow, one flourescent yellow/green and the last one in bright green. They're extremely comfortable but I'd never pay the full price of £10 for one pair. 

I think that's the end of my London Haul! Thank you to Amy and Jasmine for coming with me, and thank you to everyone else who gave me birthday gifts! 








No comments:

Post a Comment